Orewa Gets a New Skatepark…. The Rumor becomes reality.
- Open all going well by DEC 2015.
- Yes park will be removed for a few months.
- New Mini Ramps will be in and skateable in the next month or so.
- Us skate comp will run as soon as it opens.
- We are $25k short to build some outside features if you have plenty of cash and want to donate or help us fundreaise please reply by email to me (Nick@undergroundskate.co.nz).
Here’s the fresh new design for OSP, courtesy of the good fulla’s over at RICH Landscapes.
If you have any questions then fire away and we’ll continue to keep you posted on progress and updates as they come to hand. Make sure you have liked our Facebook page to keep in the loop.
The Orewa Skate park Renewal Project has been a welcomed addition for the skatepark users of Orewa. RICH Landscapes has envisioned an environment that connects with its position on the Hibiscus Coast and its gateway location to the North. The design looked at reutilising the old go kart track as a flwing ribbon of concrete around the park with a variety of features. Concrete grinding would bring the surface back to a smooth finish with wavy patterns left to signify its connection to the sea. Within the existing asphalt area a long sculptural wave like transition has been designed that wraps around a ramped skatepath and Judging area leading to the terraced platform ledges and garden gap. A variety of other features including a small pump track, cali red kerbs, a wollie sand castle and corten steel have been used to reinforce its connection to the site while providing unique skate opportunities for users.
Click HERE to walk around in the Online 3D Skatepark Environment